Tuesday 16 August 2016

First Impressions: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Ampoules



A couple of weeks ago, I made a mental note to purchase, after I watched a Caroline Hirons video. Caroline talked about how much she loved the new Advanced Night Repair Intensive Recovery Ampoules, and that they would be coming out in September.  Silly me... obviously that is the UK release date.

I was surprised and thrilled to find this product at the Estee Lauder counter in Hudson's Bay, and of course, they had to come home with me. Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair (original and new version) is one of those products with cult status. I can't even count how many beauty magazine top ten products I have seen ANR on, so I had very high expectations for this new product.
Ingredients

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Bisabolol, Garcinia Mangostana Peel Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Camelina Satvia Seed Oil, Vaccinum Myrtillus Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, BHT

These ampoules are designed as a recovery treatment for irritated, stressed out skin.  They come in small self contained capsules; you twist the top off then squeeze the product into the palm of your
hand to apply.  This would be a great travel item.

The ampoules contain a fairly lightweight, unscented facial oil.  It's somewhere between the consistency of a serum and a heavier oil.  It absorbs well on the skin.  Recommendation is to follow with your moisturizer.  For an oily skinned girl like myself, no additional moisturizer was needed.  My skin felt very hydrated.  Perhaps in the winter weather, I would top this off with more moisture.

Overnight, my skin felt plump.  I noticed increased hydration, and the ampoules calmed down the redness I was experiencing due to seasonal allergies.  Estee Lauder recommends to use this over top of the original ANR serum for 14 days straight as a 'reset' for your stressed out skin.

My first impressions are great.  Advanced Night Repair Intensive Recovery Ampoules are a lovely, hydrating treatment oil made with quality ingredients in beautiful packaging.  I will report back once some time has passed and give a more longterm review.

1 comment: